Saturday, April 30, 2011

"The Rightful King Has Landed"

This is a long quote...
much longer then I usually bother to take the time to read...



... but read it anyway.
---------- -------------------------Yes, it is that important. ------------------------------



"We are living in a part of the universe occupied by the rebel.
Enemy-occupied territory - that is what this world
is. Christianity is the story of how the rightful king has
landed
, you might say landed in disguise, and is calling us all to
take part in a great campaign of sabotage. When you
go to church you are really listening-in to the secret wireless from our
friends: that is why the enemy is so anxious to prevent us from going. He does
it by playing on our conceit and laziness and
intellectual snobbery. I know someone will ask me, "Do you really mean, at this
time of day, to re-introduce our old friend the devil - hoofs, and horns and
all? Well, what the time of day has to do with it I do not know. And I am not
particular about the hoofs and horns. But in other respects my answer is 'Yes, I do.'
~C. S.
Lewis

No comments: