Friday, December 17, 2010

Name that Broadway!

I love Broadway music. I love the pathos and thrills of the characters, the drama and the singers. While I cannot say that I approve of all, or even most Broadway - there is much of it that is wonderful!
Anyone remember playing "Name That Song?" Well, here we are again ;) First things first - our winners of last time are:

~*~ Haley ~*~
~*~ Barnabas ~*~
Congratulations!

And now, for our next round - we have a Broadway theme. The following three selections may be from any Broadway - you know the rules. Comment below with your guesses as to the answers :)

Alright, selection one is:

"There was a time when men were kind,
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind,
And the world was a song,
And the song was exciting
There was a time when it all went wrong."

Selection two is:

"The most important men in town would come to fawn on me!
They would ask me to advise them,
Like a Solomon the wise.
"If you please Reb Tevye"
"Pardon me Reb Tevye"
Posing problems that would cross a rabbi's eyes!
And it wouldn't make one bit of difference if I answered right or wrong.
When you're rich they think you really know!"

Selection three is:

"So if you care to find me,
look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately,
everyone deserves the chance to fly!
And if I'm flying solo,
at least I'm flying free!
To those who ground me,
take this message back from me!
Tell them how I'm - "

Bonus round! (For you brave souls)

"Consider yourself at home.
Consider yourself part of the family.
We've taken to you so strong,
it's clear we're going to get along.
Consider yourself well in.
Consider yourself part of the furniture.
There isn't a lot to spare.
Who cares... whatever we've got we'll share!"
Start commenting!
(And next time - Irish music - !!!)
~Kate ::smile::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Les Miserables
2. Fiddler on the Roof
3. Wicked (I think... I had to look it up, so doesn't really count.) :)

Lady Amanda

Anna Olivia said...

1. Les Miz
2. Fiddler on the Roof
3. ?

ThomasJG said...

2. Fiddler on the Roof
3. Wicked
I knew those 2 without looking. :)