Monday, April 4, 2011

Rain... ♥

Rain beating against the windows is such a lovely sound, isn't it? Rain makes me want to sip a cup of tea. Curl up with a good book. Play the piano. Go jump in the mud puddles. Waltz with my sister. Laugh with a good friend. Read over old letters...

For some reason, I get very emotional when it rains. A bit clingy and generally acting like some love-lorn heroine from other days. Which is odd, because I'm generally rather mattter-of-fact and intrepid, emotionally.



But today it's raining. Today I'm not going to try to be intrepid, but I'm going to try to at least be pleasant. (Which I've not been... eek!) This evening I'm going to pretend I'm a long-lost heroine who's writing her adventures, and skip through the day. Laugh when there's no reason to do so, just because.



When one is feeling depressed, a very hard run in the rain, complete with jumping of mud puddles, does wonders for a person. The mud-puddle-jumping part is the most important. ;) Go have a lovely day... and enjoy the...


Rain ♥

3 comments:

Anna Olivia said...

‎"Going home in the rain... running up the dark lane..." Sorry. Always quoting songs. ;)

Lovely post!!!!!

J. J. Striker said...

Aw, what a lovely thought! Much better than "rain rain go away." :)

Eva said...

Great post. Ditto Cosette! :D